21.6.09

Longings, A Pale Knight K, Mitchell [PG]

Image courtesy of Paramount

Disclaimer: The characters are Paramount's, their actions are mine

How we became friends was a mystery to all - even to us.  You were always the noble one, the worthy one, and I paled by comparison. Normally, I would have scoffed at your chivalrous behavior, wanting nothing to do with such purity.  But you made me want it, you made me forget my cynical thoughts and dream I could be as worthy.

Your armor was so well fitting, the gleam so bright, it was hard to distinguish it from your natural glow.  Mine, not so well fitted, more a mask than a skin, but it served me well.  I did not use mine as often as you did yours - it's one good deed was stopping that deadly bolt aimed for you on Dimorus.  It pierced my plate, but only grazed skin.  You, fresh from your bath in the stream, would have died from its poison.

And now I lie here, momentarily mortal, catching my breath before battling you again.  The images of our youth run through my head and I know how this fight ends.

I've always known…

You will fulfill your destiny…you will slay this dragon.  Is that not what a White Knight is supposed to do?

~ID'ic

No comments:

Post a Comment