4.1.10

Longings, A Family Breakup K/U [G]

Image courtesy of Paramount, Trekcore and moi
Disclaimer: The characters are Paramount's, their actions are mine.

Summary: The end of the Mission is nigh…
~~~

He's brooding on the observation deck and I hesitate to approach. I have what should be happy news, but he won't see it as such.

"Enterprise--return to base--mission complete."

Already the rumors are flying. His being offered a promotion to the admiralty, and that Spock intends to retire to Vulcan while McCoy has threatened to quit.

He attempts a smile, but there is no life in it. He reads the padd, his face freezing in a pale imitation of happiness.

I rest my hand on his shoulder, offering what little comfort and understanding he will accept from me.

~ID'ic

No comments:

Post a Comment