7.9.09

Longings, Not My Destiny K/R [PG]

Image courtesy of Paramount and Trekcore
Disclaimer: The characters are Paramount's, their actions are mine.

Summary: When rejection finally becomes too much.

He walks into his quarters, lost in deep thought, at first oblivious to my presence. Yet, when he recognizes me his demeanor changes, stiffens, grows wary. As if I've backed him into a corner, and I haven't even moved.

I pretend not to notice; I've gotten quite good at pretending such things, but it hurts just the same. He never wanted me for his yeoman; chose me from my record, yet failed to notice I was 
female. His reputation as a charmer belies that he walks on eggshells when I'm alone with him.

I offer him my request for transfer….

~ID'ic

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7.9.09

    "I pretend not to notice; I've gotten quite good at pretending such
    things, but it hurts just the same."
    So painful, when a guy you like is uncomfortable around you. OUCH! :)
    -k592walker

    ReplyDelete