27.4.09

Not a Story, just a rant...

Better known as "Why, oh why, didn't I go to the William Shatner Weekend this year?!?!!?!?!"

For those uninformed, William Shatner has a meet and greet weekend between himself and members of his fan club every year which coincides with his Hollywood Charity Horse Show. Each weekend is different and the admins of his fan club work very hard to make it a great time.

Little did I know...

I mean, so like I was not going to attend the WS Weekend OR a Con in 2009, but then I found a wonderful deal and suddenly the Con was possible--but the Weekend?  

I attended two previous ones and had a wonderful time--watching filming of Boston Legal, sat in Denny's chair and ran amok on the sets, met the Gorn--Bobby Clark, worked in a fan-produced home movie, met/saw James Spader, Mancow, Gary Busey, Scott Hamilton, Ron Perlman, Randy Travis, won Denny's boxers in a silent auction, got Bill to sign said boxers the following year, VIP-toured Paramount and the Kodak Theater, climbed up the same cliff ledge Bill ran up in "Arena" on location at Vasquez Rocks, messed with Bill's horse, got lectured by Bill to not mess with the horse, AND actually laid hands on Bill's still very firm shoulders...sigh..(life should be complete, right?)

And I tell you all of this because I DIDN'T GO this year and Bill had practically the WHOLE cast of the FREAKIN' new movie attend the charity dinner!!! ARRRGGHHH!! KHANNNN!!

LEONARD
CHRIS
ZACHARY
KARL
BRUCE
JJ et al
 

A Kirk convergence happened and I MISSED IT!!! (Id throwing fit that would put Nero's behavior to shame)

Deep breath--

Okay, soooo I will share the link so you can see the a quick pic of Bill talking at the Trek table:


I'm not bitter about missing the taping of the Bonnie Hunt show where they gave out grills (Chef Tom Colicchio from Top Chef was also a guest), copies of Bill's autobiography and TOS season 1 on bluray, I'm not seething that I missed lunch with Bill because he wasn't tied to the set of Boston Legal this year--but I am SERIOUSLY pissed that I missed meeting the new cast and having an opportunity to talk to them before they get all "Hollywood".  Yes, yes, yes, many of them with be in Vegas, but the differences will be tremendous--looking at them from afar, getting a 15 sec photo-op or autograph, versus talking to them mano e mano in such a casual setting where pics and conversation are not verboten.

Adam (Creation Ent Con promoter) better, and I mean better, come up with a Kirk sandwich photo-op this year or I may never get over it....sigh...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous29.4.09

    I'm sorry for you. :( That pic at the dinner was priceless. Hope you get a fabulous photo op with TOS and STXI notables. Love ya! aw

    ReplyDelete